Wednesday 8 December 2010

Just get out!

And then you might see how things really are.

Just look at the state of my dining room-




What a bloody mess! Somewhere under there is a granite dining room table that was actually made for my birthday last year.

I only decided to nip out for some fresh air and to stretch my legs. Exercise is good for you after all. I've been sewing, sewing, sewing in my dining room for months, blissfully unaware that what to me is a creative haven others see as a tip. Until today after fresh air and exercise.

So I'm giving myself a sewing break and I think I should tidy up- I owe it to my family at least. They're a wonderful loud bunch but they never complain about my heaps of fabric taking over the house.

I might do a before and after shot. I'm also curious to know who else works like this? I might even start a "creative space or mess" group on Flickr



Look at my roots they're just as terrible. A make over is definitely needed here. Sadly I had to cancel my hair appointment last week. So I've taken to wearing really bright lipstick hopefully to draw the attention away from my untidy barnet

2 comments:

  1. So pleased to find someone else has the same 1) working space and 2) way of dealing with 'roots' issues, so pleased to have found you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! A like minded sole! Yep clean spaces and neat roots are not really my thing! Thought I might try and give it a go in the new year....but I'm back to my old ways already! Tut tut! Who cares?
    Off to follow your blog!

    ReplyDelete